what we do
specialists in portable
appliance testing since 1989
we offer a cost effective
service to protect your
business and employees
WHY USE US
• TESTING IN LINE WITH IET CODE
• CITY & GUILDS 2377/78 QUALIFIED
• MINOR REPAIRS UNDERTAKEN FREE OF CHARGE
• DBS CHECKED & CERTIFIED ENGINEERS
• COST EFFECTIVE SERVICE & NO HIDDEN CHARGES
• 5 MILLION PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE
• FULL SITE & APPLIANCE CERTIFICATION ISSUED
• REPUTATION OF SERVICE FOR OVER 30 YEARS
WHY CARRY OUT PAT TESTING?
The Health and Safety Executive reports that each year about 1000 accidents at work involve electric shock or burns, around 30 of these are fatal. They also state that 25% of all reportable electrical accidents involve portable appliances.
PAT TESTING ASSISTS BUSINESSES TO FULFILL THEIR LEGAL RESPONSIBILITIES UNDER HEALTH & SAFETY AT WORK ACT OF 1974 AND ELECTRICITY AT WORK REGULATIONS OF 1989.
WHAT REQUIRES PAT TESTING?
in short, mainly movable OR PORTABLE APPLIANCES with a plug attached.
This includes, among other items:
• business equipment (monitors, pc’s, printers, copiers, laptop chargers AND ASSOCIATED IEC LEADS)
• kitchen equipment (microwaves, kettles, and white goods)
• site equipment (110v & 230v tools, INCLUDING TRAILING LEADS AND EXTENSIONS)
• factory equipment (415v, 3 phase AND SUPPLY LEADS)
WHAT TEST EQUIPMENT DO WE USE?
for your safety and peace of mind, we only use the very latest calibrated testing equipment and APPLIANCE REPORTING software, PROVIDING ACCURATE, COMPREHENSIVE REPORTS.
what other testing do we provide?
we also offer:
• a microwave oven radiation leakage and power test. This is carried out to British Standard 5175
• testing for landlords THAT ARE letting residential accomodation as a business, to ensure that the equipment they provide to their tennants is BOTH safe and in line with the latest regulations
• rcd trip time tests on portable rcd’s and extension leads TO BRITISH STANDARD 7071 & 7288